Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chicken & Stuffing Crockpot Dinner

This recipe is a lot like one I've been making for years.  It was yummy, but I'm not gonna lie, I think I like my original recipe better.  Click here for the one found on Pinterest.  And it is good.

I used about 2.5 lbs of chicken tenders that were still frozen.  I also doubled the amount of cream of chicken soup and sour cream, but used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream because that's what I had.



I served the chicken with cooked noodles and yummy roasted broccoli & cauliflower.

The recipe I'm used to and like a little bit better is as follows:

6 chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups stuffing mix
1/4 - 1/2 cup butter, melted

Lightly grease crock pot.  Place chicken breasts in pot.  Top with cheese.  Combine soup and milk, stirring well.  Spoon mixture over cheese.  Sprinkle with stuffing mix.  Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or in high 4-6 hours.  My crock pot cooks fast, so I usually cook it on low for 4-6 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment